Water Network Optimization
Advanced water utilities monitor their distribution networks acquiring data from network critical points (production and storage points, inlets of distribution zone, etc.) and making them available in real-time to operators in a centralized SCADA.
However a SCADA control typically provides point data, and does not provide information about the rest of the network.
The Water Network Optimization solution by Schneider Electric enables Operations Managers and Control Room Operators to manage their network in a more informed manner by:
- Incorporating virtual sensors allowing operators to know hydraulic and water quality parameters at any point of the distribution network, thus enhancing real-time supervision in SCADA
- Evaluating the evolution of water network behavior and identifying potential issues regarding levels of service breaches (in terms of pressure, water quality, etc.) over the next hours and days
- Analyzing the results of an alternative what-if scenario and comparing it with the business as usual scenario (without having to rely on hydraulic simulations run from other departments)
- Analyzing a complete set of Key Performance Indicators on energy usage, network pressure conditions and water quality
Make the Most of Your Water Network
With a vast water distribution network, it is imperative for water utilities to have an overview of their entire network in real-time and in “future-time.” Water Network Optimization is able to trigger alarms associated to potential anomalies detected by simulations. This enables
operators to be warned of current critical situations in the network so that immediate actions to prevent or mitigate service disruptions can be taken with enough lead time.
Business Value of Water Network
- Quicker and improved operational awareness, including early warning on deviations from expected levels of service
- Transformation of a network management approach from reactive to proactive to events, with better operation and maintenance planning for risk reduction
- Prioritization of intervention on network and pumping stations
- Improved control room user experience with visualization of contextualized operational data and enhanced alert management within a SCADA operator-friendly environment, without having to switch between applications