Schneider Electric Launches RefineryWise for the Oil and Gas Industry
Transforms refinery operations to improve profitability
Can grow revenue by up to 5 percent and cut costs by up to 10 percent
HOUSTON, TX. – Dec 7, 2016 – Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, today announced availability of RefineryWise™ for the Oil & Gas industry. This industry solution empowers Oil & Gas refiners to transform their business to achieve greater operational excellence through improved visibility into contextualized, actionable data – from the process automation layer through the enterprise business system layer, and from crude feed planning to final product blending.
RefineryWise addresses both internal and external pressures refineries face in maintaining a responsive, decisive and collaborative workforce amid industry challenges of dynamic demand, tightened regulations and technology evolution. It does so by leveraging a portfolio of world class applications from Schneider Electric Software and an Application Integration Framework which can be used with other legacy 3rd party content. It is pulled together with a user-configurable unified data model, and then adds KPI Management and Decision Management with Workflows to enable the digital workforce. With clearer and earlier visibility into the state of the business, your entire enterprise is better equipped to make intelligent, more informed decisions.
Components of RefineryWise include:
- Performance Manager – for trending, reporting, KPI management, unified data model and Decision Manager.
- Application Integration Framework – for orchestration, translation, enterprise connectivity
Implementing a Schneider Electric RefineryWise solution makes it possible to:
- Improve collaboration and operational visibility of the entire value chain
- Optimize the entire value chain from actionable business insights with industry-leading applications in process optimization, unified planning and scheduling, asset performance management, offsite optimization and mobile workforce management
- Reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) through a user-configurable, unified data model
- Increase operational excellence through performance and asset benchmarking (including operating boundary thresholds) across the enterprise – highly configurable user interface can generate any KPI or arithmetic expression(s)
- Capture critical plant knowledge and provide a linkage between performance events, their root cause, and a list of potential actions depending on financial and scheduling parameters –within a single system to avoid time consuming data gathering and analysis
“RefineryWise represents a number of very exciting innovations within a solution designed specifically for Oil Refineries,” said Doug Warren, Vice President, Software Industry Solutions at Schneider Electric. “It addresses key challenges refineries face – optimal operations performance and profitability within dynamic market conditions – by changing how information from across the refinery is gathered and used. RefineryWise focuses more on people by providing them with the right information and outcome options that leads to better, faster decisions.”
Included in the offering is Schneider Electric’s Customer FIRST Software Maintenance and Support Program. This program enables access to the latest software upgrades, expert technical assistance and self-help tools to improve operational effectiveness – the industry’s world class standard for technical and after-sales support.
Learn more about the new RefineryWise Industry Solution here, read the industry solution brochure here, or contact your local Schneider Electric representative.
Download this announcement in PDF format.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
« Return to News Room