Schneider Electric Celebrates Customer Success in Driving Digital Transformation
Six customers were recognized at Innovation Summit: Software Conference 2017 for digital transformation strategy, workforce empowerment and driving business value
LAKE FOREST, Calif.– Nov 8, 2017 – Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, recognized six customers for outstanding achievement of digital transformation strategy, workforce empowerment and business value with Schneider Electric’s Industrial Software Platform. These awards were presented at the company’s Innovation Summit: Software Conference 2017, held in San Antonio, Texas.
Digital Transformation Strategy
- BASF was recognized for their comprehensive “Industrie 4.0” initiative, which targets to create additional value for customers and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. In manufacturing the first projects include predictive maintenance and augmented reality to improve asset performance, reliability and utilization while increasing production efficiency.
- BP was recognized for implementing unified supply chain management across downstream assets for feedstock evaluation and economic modelling. In one scenario, data analysis time was cut from hours to just a few minutes allowing more analyses to be carried out to support more robust decision making.
- Arizona Public Service (APS) was recognized for implementing cloud-based virtual training to help address a changing workforce (about half will retire in the next five years) and highly distributed plants (800 miles span between their two most distant plants). APS delivered a comprehensive training solution for effective knowledge management across all facilities.
- Maple Leaf Foods was recognized for transforming how employees visualize performance to drive new levels of efficiency through implementation of a manufacturing execution system. Mobile tablets now display dashboards with real-time KPIs to quickly identify critical problems, improving operational excellence across people, processes and equipment.
Business Value (ROI)
- Duke Energy was recognized for an estimated $35 million cost savings from early warning detection of a damaged steam turbine blade. Predictive maintenance technology identified a vibration anomaly, enabling the team to further inspect the turbine blade and proactively address the issue before failure.
- Network Rail was recognized for comprehensive asset monitoring and analysis with a new intelligent infrastructure solution that monitors 42,000 assets across 20,000 miles of train tracks. So far the system has saved 500,000 potential train delay minutes – approximately £45 million in compensation payments.
“Industries must maximize the value they create across the entire value chain – both a primary goal and a challenge. Meeting this goal and challenge demands continual optimization in real time, which is best accomplished with a digital transformation strategy that spans across the operations and asset lifecycles,” said Dr. Ravi Gopinath, Executive Vice President of Software at Schneider Electric. “I am proud to call these forward-thinking companies our customers, and we are honored to recognize such high level of achievement.”
Download this announcement in PDF format.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
« Return to News Room